About Me

My photo
My name is Heather, I am 22 years old and am a aunt to a wonderful 6 year old boy, and five month old girl.I babysit two little boys ages 5 and 7 both with disabilities.I work at a daycare center/Gym at which I have worked at for over five years. I have worked and volunteered at daycare center for 5 years.. I am interested in reviewing and giving away children products. I am also interested in reviewing and giving away products for myself.My e-mail is heatherstamper09@aol.com

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Soup and Study Wednesday!

Today was Soup and Study at the church I work for! This is what it looked like at 6:00 PM, but it has snowed really hard since then, and now we have even more! We are supposed to get 2-4 inches tonight, and then 2-4 inches tomorrow! I cannot wait until summer, but in Summer I will probably complain how warm it is!




Here is the craft I made with the kids tonight! It went extremely well, and I even had a couple younger kids. I had ages 3-9 and they love this craft. I got this idea from the Disney Family Fun Magazine, and it has wonderful craft ideas!
To start this project you need:
*Clothespins
*Glitter glue
*Googly eyes
*snack-size
*Ziploc bags(I used Ziploc Sandwich bags)
*snacks
*Pipe cleaners

First, I put on the googly eyes, and then decorated one side of the clothespin with glitter glue or regular glitter(I used regular glitter).While this is drying put the snack in a Ziploc bag you can put anything you would like. such as, small crackers, candy, dried fruit, little pieces of fruit and I bet grapes would work perfectly. We used Jelly Beans, and the kids loved it! After you do that take and cinch the middle of the bag and put the clothespin on it. The last step is take and cute a pipe cleaner in half and then fold it and but the creased part in the clothespin. This would work perfectly to top off a child's lunch or snack! The next few Wednesdays I will be posting crafts that I do with the children. Every other Sunday I will start posting about a craft or activity we do for that Sunday! If any of you decide to do one of these projects please send me pictures if you would like, and I will post them on my blog, and put your blog URL on it!
**Also, if you do this I will give you 8 extra entries on all giveaways going!**

Also, if you have any suggestions on crafts to do with kids 3-9 please email me or leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment