About Me

My photo
My name is Heather, I am 22 years old and am a aunt to a wonderful 6 year old boy, and five month old girl.I babysit two little boys ages 5 and 7 both with disabilities.I work at a daycare center/Gym at which I have worked at for over five years. I have worked and volunteered at daycare center for 5 years.. I am interested in reviewing and giving away children products. I am also interested in reviewing and giving away products for myself.My e-mail is heatherstamper09@aol.com

Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Sunday!

Well today we didn't have church because it was snowing and sleeting and getting slick, but thank goodness it stopped up in the morning! I did Day One of Frappe with Philippians Bible study by Sandra Glahn.Week one's topic is United we stand. The topic today was called The Main Thing, and I read Philippians 1:1-2.It had the neatest little story! Today I was doing some research for my speech that I have to give Monday or Wednesday. My topic is Kids with Down Syndrome Are NOT a punishment. I found the neatest little poem that I would like to share with you.

Special Angel
(Down Syndrome Birth)

by Sandy Eakle




As beautiful angels wings were
flying over the streets of gold,
the baby angels could only
watch since they weren't very old.



Then one day God stopped to
talk to a little one without wings,
just listen to the angels sing".


Confused yet excited the little
one said to the Lord,
"But I'm different from the others
God and not a miracle to behold".


"Oh, but yes you are," He said
with a hug and smile on his face.
"You're the greatest gift I can give
and a loving home you will grace".


You mean, tho I'm different and
will never be beautiful or smart
Someone will want me and give
me a place in their heart?"







"Gee God.....that person must be
special to be glad to have me,
Cause most folks would frown
and upset they would be."


God said, "your little heart was
filled with more love than most.
Cause I knew this family would
love you and hold you real close.


So go my little angel and take
the greatest gift I can bestow.
You're that "special" angel few
people have the honor to know."


by Sandy Eakle

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful.

    Thank you for stopping by and following my blog. I'm now following you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Thanks so much for posting this. It reminds me of getting to hold a little one with downs syndrome when I thought I could never have children and thinking what a miracle this little baby was. ALL BABIES are gifts and thanks for posting!!!
    And thanks for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete