About Me

My photo
My name is Heather, I am 22 years old and am a aunt to a wonderful 6 year old boy, and five month old girl.I babysit two little boys ages 5 and 7 both with disabilities.I work at a daycare center/Gym at which I have worked at for over five years. I have worked and volunteered at daycare center for 5 years.. I am interested in reviewing and giving away children products. I am also interested in reviewing and giving away products for myself.My e-mail is heatherstamper09@aol.com

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hanukkah!

Today was Snow Day number three in our county! I worked in the school age program at work today! I found out today that I know somebody who celebrates Hanukkah! I really don't know a whole lot about Hanukkah!


Here are some facts about Hanukkah:
Hanukkah is an eight day celebration.
Hanukkah usually falls in November or December, and is known as the Festival of Lights. Hanukkah is celebrated with the lighting of the menorah, traditional foods, games and gifts.

The Hanukkah celebration revolves around the kindling of a nine-branched menorah.
On each of Hanukkah's eight nights, another candle is added to the menorah after sundown. The ninth candle is called the sham ash, and is used to light the others. They typically recite blessings during this ritual and display the menorah prominently in a window as a reminder to others of the miracle that inspired the holiday.

Tonight is the eighth night of Hanukkah! Happy Hanukkah to everyone who celebrates it!
I thought I would share this with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment