About Me

My photo
My name is Heather, I am 22 years old and am a aunt to a wonderful 6 year old boy, and five month old girl.I babysit two little boys ages 5 and 7 both with disabilities.I work at a daycare center/Gym at which I have worked at for over five years. I have worked and volunteered at daycare center for 5 years.. I am interested in reviewing and giving away children products. I am also interested in reviewing and giving away products for myself.My e-mail is heatherstamper09@aol.com

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Review from Scholastic Storybook Treasures!






I had the opportunity to review two movies from Scholastic Storybook treasures. The first title is Runaway Ralph. The kids where I work at LOVES this movie. "Beverly Cleary's beloved and rascally character Ralph S. Mouse comes to life in live action DVD based on a best selling children's book Runaway Ralph."
This video is a fairly new movie it was released on April,27,2010.
It is available for purchase in stores and on newkideo.com for $14.95

Runaway Ralph is the third in the Series of Cleary's classic tales. The first two are The Mouse And the Motorcycle and Ralph S. Mouse. Both of these are also available on DVD from The Scholastic Storybook Treasures.

Runaway Ralph is about a mouse who runs away from his home on a toy Motorcycle. I highly recommend this Dvd!

The kids who liked this movie the most were ages 3-7 We only take up to 7year olds. I had one two year old who really liked this Dvd also.

Runaway Ralph would be a GREAT movie for family Movie night. If your children goes to school or a daycare this would be a great movie to take your child's class to watch. Some daycare and schools allow it but some do not.

This DVD is perfect for ages 3 to 8. I think it is so NEAT that it has a read-along function.

This DVD also gave a Bonus story Called "Commander Toad in Space."
This Dvd is 60 minutes, plus extras.
This DVD is NOT RATED!




The second DVD is "He's Got The Whole World In His Hands....And More Stories To Celebrate The Environment." This Dvd also features a guide for parents and kids with how to be Green.
This DVD was released on April,20,2010 and is available in Stores and at newkideo.com for $14.95.

The kids where I work LOVES this DVD also. This DVD is about celebrating the connection between people and nature, families will be moved to sing along with the inspiring music and images.

This Dvd is for kids 2-8 but older kids also like it.

There are also more stories on this DVD about celebrating all things green. These include: Jane Yolen's "Owl Moon", Karen Hesse's :Come On,Rain!", Chief Jake Swamp's "Giving Thanks." There are also three bonus stories including "The Tale of the Mandarin Ducks", "Patrick", and "A boy, A dog,and a Frog."
This DVD was released on April 20,2010.
He's Got The Whole World In His Hands last approximately 60 minutes
Good for ages 2-8

No comments:

Post a Comment